- Academic, Research and Administrative Units
- State-of-the-art Facilities
Professor CHAN Ka Leung, Francis
Professor, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
Professor CHAN Ka Leung, FrancisDepartment of Medicine and Therapeutics
Office : (852) 2632-1339
Email : email@example.com
School / Department / Institute / Centre / Unit
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
Peptic ulcer bleeding, helicobacter pylori, endoscopic therapy, colorectal cancer
|1988||MBChB (Hons), CUHK|
Peptic ulcer bleeding, endoscopic therapy for early GI cancer
Professor Chan is Choh-ming Li Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and is a specialist in Gastroenterology & Hepatology. He specializes in the research of peptic ulcer bleeding, Helicobacter pylori, endoscopic therapy and colorectal cancer. Professor Chan has published more than 430 full scientific articles in high impact factor international journals such as New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet and Gastroenterology.
|1995||Fellow of the Hong Kong College of Physicians (Gastroenterology & Hepatology)|
|1995||Fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Medicine)|
|1999||Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland|
|2000||Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh|
|2003||Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology|
|2004||Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London|
|Board Member||Hong Kong Hospital Authority|
|Non-official member||Colorectal Cancer Screening Pilot Programme Task Force, Department of Health|
|Member||Cancer Coordinating Committee, Food and Health Bureau|
|Member||Expert Panel of Central Research Working Group for Hospital Authority, Chinese Medicine Research, Hong Kong Hospital Authority|
|Co-Chair||Grant Review Board Executive, Food and Health Bureau|
|Member||Health and Medical Development Advisory Committee, Food and Health Bureau|
|Member||Governing Board, Hong Kong Jockey Club Disaster Preparedness and Response Institute, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine|
|Voting Member||Hong Kong Jockey Club|
|Convenor||Endoscopy Task Force of Project Steering Committee on Standards for Ambulatory Facilities, Department of Health|
|Associate Editor||Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology|
- Chan FK, et al. Celecoxib versus omeprazole and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (CONDOR): arandomised trial. Lancet 2010;376:173-9.
- Chan FK, et al. Combination of a cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitor and a proton-pump inhibitor for prevention of recurrent ulcer bleeding in patients at very high risk: a double-blind, randomised trial. Lancet 2007;369:1621-6.
- Chan FK, et al. Clopidogrel versus aspirin and esomeprazole to prevent recurrent ulcer bleeding. N Engl J Med 2005;352:238-44.
- Chan FK, et al. Eradication of Helicobacter pylori and the risk of peptic ulcers in patients starting long-term treatment with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: A randomised trial. Lancet 2002;359:9-13.
- Chan FK, et al. Celecoxib versus diclofenac and omeprazole in reducing the risk of recurrent ulcer bleeding in patients with arthritis. N Engl J Med 2002;347:2104-10.
- Chan FK, et al. Preventing recurrent upper gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with Helicobacter pylori infection who are taking low-dose aspirin or naproxen. N Engl J Med 2001;344:967-73.
- Chan FK, et al. Randomised trial of eradication of Helicobacter pylori before non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug therapy to prevent peptic ulcers. Lancet 1997;350:975-97.