- Director and Professor, The Nethersole School of Nursing
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
Education & Qualifications
BSN (Houston Baptist), MBA (Dubuque), MSN (Phoenix), PhD (Colorado), FHKAN, FAAN, RN
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
Award & Honour
- Fellow Recognition Award (Gold Merit Award), Hong Kong Academy of Nursing, 2018
- Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, 2017
- University Education Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2016
- Fellow Recognition Award (Gold Merit Award), Hong Kong Academy of Nursing, 2016
- Merit Award in recognition of striving for excellence in quality Advanced Nursing Practice with outstanding achievement during 2012-2015, Provisional Hong Kong Academy of Nursing, 2015
- Awards of Excellence in Social Engagement, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2013
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Nursing, 2012
- Teacher of the Year Award, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2010-2011
- Master Teacher Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2007
- Excellence or Innovation in Acute or Critical Care - First Prize, British Journal of Cardiac Nursing and British Association for Nursing in Cardiovascular Care, 2007
- Excellence or Innovation in Cardiac Intervention or Surgery - Third Prize, British Journal of Cardiac Nursing and British Association for Nursing in Cardiovascular Care, 2007
- Teacher of the Year Award, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2003-2007
- Conjoint Professor, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Visiting Professor, Hunan Normal University, Hunan, China
- Visiting Professor, Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care, Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
- Vice President (External) & President-elect, Hong Kong College of Cardiac Nursing
- Honorary Advisor, Hong Kong College of Critical Care Nursing
- Honorary Advisor, Hong Kong College of Medical Nursing
- Honorary Advisor, Hong Kong Association of Renal Nursing
- Honorable Advisor, College of Nursing, Hong Kong
- Honorable Advisor, Hong Kong Alliance for Rare Diseases
- Consultant, Hong Kong Marfan Syndrome Association
- Member, Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Charity Foundation
- Member, Advisory Board of Tung Wah College
- Member, Quality and Risk Subcommittee, Hospital Governing Committee, North District Hospital
- Chair, S. Y., Waye, M. M. Y., Calzone, K., Chan, C. W. H. (2019). Genomics education in nursing in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland China. International Nursing Review. doi: 10.1111/inr.12537.
- Chair, S. Y., Chan, D. W. K., Cao, X. (2019). The interaction of subglottic drainage, cuff pressure, and oral care on endotracheal tube fluid leakage: A benchtop study. Australian Critical Care. doi.org/10.1016/j.aucc.2019.05.002
- Chair, S.Y., Chan, C. W. H., Yu, D. S. F., Taylor-Piliae R. E. (2018). Changes in nursing education in Hong Kong – Progressive or regressive? Nurse Education Today 64, 150-152.
- Chair, S.Y., Wang, Q., Cheng, H. Y., Lo, W. S., Li, X. M., Wong, M. L. E., Sit, W. H. J. (2017). Relationship between sleep quality and cardiovascular disease risk in Chinese post-menopausal women. <bmc women's="" health=""> vol.17 no.79 BioMed Central, 2017.09.<63766139> (Published/For validation by library/Self-Input).
- Chair, S.Y., Wang, Q., Yu, M., So, W. K. W., Tian, C., Sit, J. W. H., Wong, E. M. L., Chan, C. W. H., Fadol, A (Jan 2016). A Psychometric Evaluation of the Chinese Version of the M.D. Anderson Symptom Inventory‐Heart Failure in Chinese Cancer Patients with Concurrent Heart Failure. Rehabilitation Nursing. doi: 10.1002/rnj.259.
- Chair, S.Y., Hung, M.S.Y., Lui, J.C.Z., Lee, D.T.F., Shiu, I.Y.C., Choi, K.C. (2014). Public Knowledge and Attitudes towards Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Hong Kong: Telephone Survey. Hong Kong Medical Journal, 20(2), 126-133.
- Chair, S.Y., Chan, S.W.C., Thompson, D.R., Leung, K.P., Ng, S.K.C., Choi, K.C. (2013). Long-Term Effect of Motivational Interviewing on Clinical and Psychological Outcomes and Health-related Quality of Life in Cardiac Rehabilitation Patients with Poor Motivation in Hong Kong: a Randomized Controlled Trial. Clinical Rehabilitation. 27(12), 1107-1117
- Chair, S.Y., Chau, M.Y., Sit, W.H.J., Wong, M.L.E., Chan, A.W. (2012). The Psychological Effects of a Videotape Educational Intervention on Cardiac Catheterization Patients. Contemporary Nurse, 40(2), 225-233.
- Chair, S.Y., Yu, M., Choi, K.C., Wong, M.L.E., Sit, W.H.J., & Ip, W.Y. (2012). Effect of Early Ambulation after Transfemoral Cardiac Catheterization in Hong Kong: a Single Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial. The Anatolian Journal of Cardiology, 12(3), 222-230.
- Chair, S.Y., Lee, C.K., Choi, K.C., Sears, S.F. (2011). Quality of Life Outcomes in Chinese Patients with Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators. Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology. 2011 Jul; 34(7):858-67.