- Assistant Dean (External Affairs), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Chemical Pathology
- Chemical Pathology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Molecular Pathology
- Biotechnology Entrepreneurship
Education & Qualifications
MBBS (HKU), MRCP (UK), FRCPA (Australia), PhD (CUHK), FHKCPath, FHKAM
- Development of novel diagnostic tests based on the analysis of circulating nucleic acids
Award & Honour
- Ministry of Education Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Award (Science and Technology) - Second-class Award in Technological Innovation, 2019
- Annual Achievement Award, Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology (CSCO), 2018
- Inaugural Lo Ying Shek Chi Wai Scholar, 2018
- Inaugural Arnold Chan Lecturer (in the memory of Arnold Chan, a member of Parliament, Canada), 2018
- First and Corresponding Author for one of the ten most “Notable Articles" in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), 2017
- Best Original Research by Trainee Award, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine, 2009
- Member, Grant Review Board and Expert Advisory Panel, Health and Medical Research Fund
- Member, Editorial Board, Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics
- Assessor, Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Service (Medical)
- Lam WKJ*, Jiang P*, Chan KCA*, Peng W, Shang H, Heung MMS, Cheng SH, Zhang H, Tse OYO, Raghupathy R, Ma BBY, Hui EP, Chan ATC, Woo JKS, Chiu RWK, Lo YMD. Methylation analysis of plasma DNA informs etiologies of Epstein-Barr virus-associated diseases. Nat Commun 2019;10:3256. (*co-first authors)
- King AD, Woo JKS, Ai QY, Chan JSM, Lam WKJ, Tse IOL, Bhatia KS, Zee BCY, Hui EP, Ma BBY, Chiu RWK, Van Hasselt AC, Chan ATC, Lo YMD, Chan KCA. Complementary roles of MRI and endoscopic examination in the early detection of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Ann Oncol 2019. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdz106.
- Chan ATC, Hui EP, Ngan RKC, Tung SY, Cheng ACK, Ng WT, Lee VHF, Ma BBY, Cheng HC, Wong FCS, Loong HHF, Tong M, Poon DMC, Ahuja AT, King AD, Wang K, Mo F, Zee BCY, Chan KCA, Lo YMD. Analysis of Plasma Epstein-Barr Virus DNA in Nasopharyngeal Cancer After Chemoradiation to Identify High-Risk Patients for Adjuvant Chemotherapy: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Clin Oncol 2018:JCO2018777847.
- Gai W, Ji L, Lam WKJ, Sun K, Jiang P, Chan AWH, Wong J, Lai PBS, Ng SSM, Ma BBY, Wong GLH, Wong VWS, Chan HLY, Chiu RWK, Lo YMD, Chan KCA. Liver- and Colon-Specific DNA Methylation Markers in Plasma for Investigation of Colorectal Cancers with or without Liver Metastases. Clin Chem 2018;64(8):1239-1249.
- Chan KCA, Chu SWI, Lo YMD. Ambient Temperature and Screening for Nasopharyngeal Cancer. N Engl J Med2018;378:962-963.
- Lam WKJ*, Jiang P*, Chan KCA*, Cheng SH, Zhang H, Peng W, Tse OYO, Tong YK, Gai W, Zee BCY, Ma BBY, Hui EP, Chan ATC, Woo JKS, Chiu RWK, Lo YMD. Sequencing-based counting and size profiling of plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNA enhance population screening of nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2018;115:E5115-24. (*co-first authors)
- Chan KCA, Woo JKS, King A, Zee BCY, Lam WKJ, Chan SL, Chu SWI, Mak C, Tse IOL, Leung SYM, Chan G, Hui EP, Ma BBY, Chiu RWK, Leung SF, van Hasselt AC, Chan ATC, Lo YMD. Analysis of Plasma Epstein-Barr Virus DNA to Screen for Nasopharyngeal Cancer. N Engl J Med 2017;377:513-522.
- Chan KCA, Jiang P, Sun K, Cheng YK, Tong YK, Cheng SH, Wong AI, Hudecova I, Leung TY, Chiu RW, Lo YM. Second generation noninvasive fetal genome analysis reveals de novo mutations, single-base parental inheritance, and preferred DNA ends.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2016;113:E8159-6
- Jiang P*, Chan CW*, Chan KCA*, Cheng SH, Wong J, Wong VW, Wong GL, Chan SL, Mok TS, Chan HL, Lai PB, Chiu RW, Lo YM. Lengthening and shortening of plasma DNA in hepatocellular carcinoma patients.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2015;112:E1317-25.(*co-first authors)
- Chan KCA, Jiang P, Zheng YW, Liao GJ, Sun H, Wong J, Siu SS, Chan WC, Chan SL, Chan AT, Lai PB, Chiu RW, Lo YMD.Cancer genome scanning in plasma: detection of tumor-associated copy number aberrations, single-nucleotide variants, and tumoral heterogeneity by massively parallel sequencing.Clin Chem 2013;59:211-24.