- Assistant Dean (Development), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Diagnostic imaging
- Optical coherence tomography
Education & Qualifications
BMedSc (CUHK), MBChB (CUHK), MD (CUHK), MSc (Lond), MRCSEd, FCOphth HK, FHKAM (Ophthalmology)
- Novel diagnostic technologies for detection and monitoring of glaucoma
- Biology of retinal ganglion cell and retinal nerve fiber layer
- Development of neuroprotective and neuroregenerative therapies
Award & Honour
- Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2015
- Distinguished Service Award, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, 2014
- Secretariat Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2012
- Young Investigator Award, Asia-Pacific Glaucoma Society, 2012
- Science Award, World Glaucoma Congress, 2011
- Clinician-Scientist Research Award, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 2010
- Nakajima Award, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, 2010
- Achievement Award, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, 2010
- Young Scientist Award, Asia Pacific Joint Glaucoma Congress, 2010
- Science Award, World Glaucoma Congress, 2009
- Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2008
- Section Editor, British Journal of Ophthalmology
- Editorial Board Member, Translational Vision Science & Technology
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Glaucoma
- Hou HW, Lin C, Leung CK. Integrating Macular Ganglion Cell Inner Plexiform Layer and Parapapillary Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Measurements to Detect Glaucoma Progression. Ophthalmology. 2018;125:822-831.
- Yu M, Lin C, Weinreb RN, Lai G, Chiu V, Leung CK. Risk of Visual Field Progression in Glaucoma Patients with Progressive Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thinning: A 5-Year Prospective Study. Ophthalmology. 2016;123:1201-10.
- Wu Z, Xu G, Weinreb RN, Yu M, Leung CK. Optic Nerve Head Deformation in Glaucoma: A Prospective Analysis of Optic Nerve Head Surface and Lamina Cribrosa Surface Displacement. Ophthalmology. 2015;122:1317-29.
- Xu G, Weinreb RN, Leung CK. Optic Nerve Head Deformation in Glaucoma: The Temporal Relationship between Optic Nerve Head Surface Depression and Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thinning. Ophthalmology 2014;121:2362-70.
- Leung CK, Ye C, Weinreb RN, Yu M, Lai G, Lam DS. Impact of Age-related Change of Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer and Macular Thicknesses on Evaluation of Glaucoma Progression. Ophthalmology. 2013;120:2485-92.
- Xu G, Weinreb RN, Leung CK. Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Progression in Glaucoma: A Comparison between Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thickness and Retardance. Ophthalmology. 2013;120:2493-500.
- Mak H, Xu G, Leung CK. Imaging the Iris with Swept Source Optical Coherence Tomography – Relationship between Iris Volume and Primary Angle Closure. Ophthalmology. 2013; 120:2517-24.
- Leung CK, Yu M, Weinreb RN, Liu S, Ye C, Lam DS. Retinal nerve fiber layer imaging with spectral-domain optical coherence tomography: a prospective analysis on age-related loss. Ophthalmology. 2012;119:731-7.
- Leung CK, Yu M, Weinreb RN, Lai G, Xu G, Lam DS. Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Imaging with Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography: Patterns of RNFL Progression. Ophthalmology. 2012; 119:1858-66.
- Leung CK, Weinreb RN, Li ZW, Liu S, Lindsey JD, Choi N, Liu L, Cheung CY, Ye C, Qui K, Chen LJ, Yung WH, Crowston JG, Pu M, So KF, Pang CP, Lam DS. Long-term In vivo Imaging and Measurement of Dendritic Shrinkage of Retinal Ganglion Cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:1539-47.