School / Department / Institute / Centre / Unit
Department of Medicine & Therapeutics
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Fecal Microbiota Transplantation
MBBS, St. Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospital School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
PhD, University of London, United Kingdom
|2014||Fellow of Hong Kong College of Physicians - FHKCP|
|2014||Fellow of Hong Kong Academy of Medicine - FHKAM (Medicine)|
|2016||Fellow of Royal College of Physicians - FRCP (Edin)|
|2016||Fellow of Royal College of Physicians - FRCP (London)|
|2017||Fellow of the American Gastroenterology Association - AGAF (United States)|
Epidemiology, genetics, pathogenesis, and treatment of IBD
Role of Gut microbiota in health and disease
Fecal microbiota transplantation and microbial therapeutics
The Joanna and David B. Sachar M.D. International Award and Visiting Professorship in Inflammatory Bowel Disease, NYC
Sir David Todd Lectureship (2017), HKAM
Outstanding Fellow (2017), Faculty of Medicine, CUHK
Research Excellence Award (2016), CUHK
Young Investigator Award (2016), American Gastroenterology Association at DDW
Distinguished Research Paper Award for Young Investigators (2014 - 2016), HKCP
Medicine 3-Exemplary Teaching Award (2014-2016), Faculty of Medicine, CUHK
Emerging Leader Lectureship Award, JGH, Asian-Pacific Association of Gastroenterology (2014)
First-class Ministry of Education (MOE) Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Award (Natural Science Award) (2014)
Young Researcher Award (2013), Faculty of Medicine, CUHK
Associate Editor, Gut
External Assessor, The University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Visiting Professor, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, China
- T Zuo, MA Kamm, JF Colombel, SC Ng, Urbanization and the gut microbiota in health and inflammatory. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology. Published Online, 2018.
- SC Ng, HY Shi, N Hamidi , et al. Worldwide incidence and prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease in the 21st century: a systematic review of population-based studies. Lancet. 390(10114): p. 2769-2778.
- T Zuo, SH Wong, SC Ng, et al. Bacteriophage Transfer During Faecal Microbiota Transplantation in Clostridium Difficile Infection Is Associated with Treatment Outcome. Gut, 2018. 67(4): p. 634-643.
- GG Kaplan and SC Ng, Understanding and Preventing the Global Increase of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Gastroenterology. 02, 2017. 152: p. 313-321.e312.
- SC Ng, JYW Lau, FKL Chan, et al. Risk of Advanced Adenomas in Siblings of Individuals with Advanced Adenomas: A Cross-Sectional Study. Gastroenterology. 03, 2016. 150: p. 608-616.
- SC Ng, Z Zeng, O Niewiadomski, et al. Early Course of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in a Population-Based Inception Cohort Study from 8 Countries in Asia and Australia. Gastroenterology. 01, 2016. 150: p. 86-95.e83.
- SC Ng, W Tang, RW Leong, et al. Environmental Risk Factors in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Population-Based Case-Control Study in Asia-Pacific. Gut. 07, 2015. 64: p. 1063-1071.
- SC Ng, W Tang, JY Ching, et al. Incidence and Phenotype of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Based on Results from the Asia-Pacific Crohn's and Colitis Epidemiology Study. Gastroenterology. 07, 2013.
- SC Ng, JYW Lau, FKL Chan, et al. Increased Risk of Advanced Neoplasms among Asymptomatic Siblings of Patients with Colorectal Cancer. Gastroenterology. 03, 2013. 144: p. 544-550.
- JZ Liu, S Van Sommeren, H Huang, SC Ng, et al. Association Analyses Identify 38 Susceptibility Loci for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Highlight Shared Genetic Risk across Populations. Nature Genetics. 08, 2015. 47: p. 979-986.
- Undergraduate teaching: MBChB Programme
- Postgraduate teaching: MSc in Gastroenterology
- Postgraduate supervision: MPhil / PhD in Medical Sciences
- Mentor to Global Physician Stream (GPS) students in MBChB Programme