- Assistant Dean (Development), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
- Associate Director, Centre for Gut Microbiota Research
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Fecal Microbiota Transplantation
- Colorectal Cancer
Education & Qualifications
MBBS (Lond), PhD (Lond), FRCP (Lond), FRCP (Edin), FHKCP, FHKAM (Medicine), AGAF
- Epidemiology, genetics, pathogenesis, and treatment of IBD
- Role of Gut microbiota in health and disease
- Fecal microbiota transplantation and microbial therapeutics
Award & Honour
- 14th Joanna and David B. Sachar M.D International Award and Visiting Professorship in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 2019
- Visiting Professor, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, China
- Sir David Todd Lectureship, Hong Kong College of Physicians, 2017
- Outstanding Fellow, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2017
- Research Excellence Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2016
- AGA Young Investigator Award, Digestive Disease Week (DDW), 2016
- Distinguished Research Paper Award for Young Investigators, Hong Kong College of Physicians, 2014 - 2016
- Medicine 3-Exemplary Teaching Award, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2014-2016
- JGH Emerging Leader Lectureship Award, Asian-Pacific Association of Gastroenterology, 2014
- Higher Education Outstanding Scientific Research Output Award – First-class Award in Natural Sciences, Ministry of Education, 2014
- Young Researcher Award, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2013
- Associate Editor, Gut
- External Assessor, University of Malaya
Academic Engagement in CUHK
- Mentor, MBChB Programme Global Physician-Leadership Stream (GPS)
- T Zuo, MA Kamm, JF Colombel, SC Ng, Urbanization and the gut microbiota in health and inflammatory. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology & Hepatology. Published Online, 2018.
- SC Ng, HY Shi, N Hamidi , et al. Worldwide incidence and prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease in the 21st century: a systematic review of population-based studies. Lancet. 390(10114): p. 2769-2778.
- T Zuo, SH Wong, SC Ng, et al. Bacteriophage Transfer During Faecal Microbiota Transplantation in Clostridium Difficile Infection Is Associated with Treatment Outcome. Gut, 2018. 67(4): p. 634-643.
- GG Kaplan and SC Ng, Understanding and Preventing the Global Increase of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Gastroenterology. 02, 2017. 152: p. 313-321.e312.
- SC Ng, JYW Lau, FKL Chan, et al. Risk of Advanced Adenomas in Siblings of Individuals with Advanced Adenomas: A Cross-Sectional Study. Gastroenterology. 03, 2016. 150: p. 608-616.
- SC Ng, Z Zeng, O Niewiadomski, et al. Early Course of Inflammatory Bowel Disease in a Population-Based Inception Cohort Study from 8 Countries in Asia and Australia. Gastroenterology. 01, 2016. 150: p. 86-95.e83.
- SC Ng, W Tang, RW Leong, et al. Environmental Risk Factors in Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Population-Based Case-Control Study in Asia-Pacific. Gut. 07, 2015. 64: p. 1063-1071.
- SC Ng, W Tang, JY Ching, et al. Incidence and Phenotype of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Based on Results from the Asia-Pacific Crohn's and Colitis Epidemiology Study. Gastroenterology. 07, 2013.
- SC Ng, JYW Lau, FKL Chan, et al. Increased Risk of Advanced Neoplasms among Asymptomatic Siblings of Patients with Colorectal Cancer. Gastroenterology. 03, 2013. 144: p. 544-550.
- JZ Liu, S Van Sommeren, H Huang, SC Ng, et al. Association Analyses Identify 38 Susceptibility Loci for Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Highlight Shared Genetic Risk across Populations. Nature Genetics. 08, 2015. 47: p. 979-986.