Department of Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology as applied to oncology, cerebrovascular disease, aortic diseases, gynaecological diseases and urological diseases.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (HKU)
Doctor of Medicine (CUHK)
Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (England)
Fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Radiology)
Fellow of the Hong Kong College of Radiologists
Visiting fellow in interventional Radiology, University of California in San Francisco
Advancement of the techniques and technologies of vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology in the management of oncological diseases, cerebrovascular diseases, aortic diseases, gynaecological diseases and urological diseases, including
- Interventional treatments of hepatocellular carcinoma
- Endovascular treatment and imaging of cerebrovascular and aortic diseases
- Computational fluid dynamics of vascular diseases
- Interventional treatments of gynaecological and urological disease
- Development of navigational system for image guided therapy
- Yu SCH, Liew CT, Lau WY, Leung TWT, Metreweli C. US-guided percutaneous biopsy of small (<=1cm) hepatic lesions. Radiology 2001 Jan; 218(1):195-199.
- Yu SCH, Chan MSY, Boet R, Wong JKT, Poon WS. Intracranial aneurysms treated with Guglielmi detachable coil: midterm clinical and radiological outcome in 97 consecutive Chinese patients in Hong Kong. American Journal of Neuroradiology. 2004 Feb; 25(2):307-313.
- Yu SCH, Ho SSM, Lau WY, Yeung DTK, Yuen EHY, Lee PSF, Metreweli C. Treatment of pyogenic liver abscess: prospective randomized comparison of catheter drainage and needle aspiration. Hepatology 2004 Apr; 39(4):932-938.
- Yu SCH, Leung TWH, Lam JSY, Lam WWM, Wong LKS. Symptomatic ostial vertebral artery stenosis: treatment with drug-eluting stents – clinical and angiographic results at 1-year follow up. Radiology 2009 Apr; 251(1):224-232.
- Yu SCH, Leung TW, Lee KT, Hui JW, Wong LK. Angioplasty and stenting of atherosclerotic middle cerebral arteries with Wingspan: evaluation of clinical outcome, restenosis, and procedure outcome. American Journal of Neuroradiology 2011 Apr; 32(4):753-758.
- Yu SCH, Lok I, Ho SSY, Tong MMB, Hui JWY. Comparison of clinical outcomes of Tris-acryl microspheres versus polyvinyl alcohol microspheres for uterine artery embolization for leiomyomas: results of a randomized trial. Journal of Vascular Interventional Radiology 2011 Sept; 22:1229–1235
- Yu SCH, Leung TWH, Hung EHY, Lam WWM, Wong LKS. Angioplasty and stenting for intracranial atherosclerotic stenosis with nitinol stent: factors affecting technical success and patient safety. Neurosurgery 2012 Mar;70(1 Suppl Operative):104-11
- Yu SC, Kwok CK, Cheng PW, Chan KY, Lau SS, Lui WM, Leung KM, Lee R, Cheng HK, Cheung YL, Chan CM, Wong GK, Hui JW, Wong YC, Tan CB, Poon WL, Pang KY, Wong AK, Fung KH. Intracranial aneurysms: midterm outcome of Pipeline Embolization Device--a prospective study in 143 patients with 178 aneurysms. Radiology 2012 Dec; 265(3):893-901.
- Yu SC, Hui JW, Hui EP, Chan SL, Lee KF, Mo F, Wong J, Ma B, Lai P, Mok T, Yeo W. Unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: randomized controlled trial of transarterial ethanol ablation versus transcatheter arterial chemoembolization. Radiology 2014 Feb; 270(2):607-620. doi: 10.1148/radiol.13130498.
- Yu SC, Zou WX, Soo YO, Wang L, Hui JW, Chan AY, Lee KT, Ip VH, Fan FS, Chan AL, Wong LK, Leung TW. Evaluation of carotid angioplasty and stenting for radiation-induced carotid stenosis. Stroke 2014 May; 45(5):1402-1407.
- Director of Vascular and Interventional Radiology (Foundation) Clinical Science Center, CUHK
- Program director, lecturer, tutor of CUHK Diploma/ Certificate Program in Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Honorary Professor of Beijing Neurosurgery Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
- Investigator of Shenzhen Research Institute, The Chinese University of Hong Kong