Virtual Fun Run 2021
Debuted in 2001, the Fun Run is an annual running event jointly organised by Chung Chi College and Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, with the aims of promoting a healthy lifestyle and serving as a platform for our staff, students and alumni to have a fun time together.
It is especially important to keep strong and healthy under this unprecedented time. Nothing should stop us from doing exercise and building a healthy lifestyle. Although a physical Fun Run cannot be held in 2021, we wish to sustain the momentum of this annual event by going virtual. There is no boundary of the start and finish points. You just need to wear your smart device, complete a 10km run within the specified period and upload your record(s) upon completion.
The year 2021 marks the 70th Anniversary of Chung Chi College and the 40th Anniversary of Faculty of Medicine. To celebrate the crucial milestones, a limited edition of a drawstring sports bag is specially designed for each successful runner.
Act and register now for the Virtual Fun Run before the quota is full!
8 February 2021 (Monday) - 21 February 2021 (Sunday)
Explorers – Complete an aggregate of 10km run and a minimum of 2km for each run within the running period
Challengers – Complete 10km run in a single run within the running period
No maximum time or minimum speed is set for the Virtual Fun Run.
Any location designed by runners
Staff, students and alumni of Chung Chi College and Faculty of Medicine, as well as staff of Prince of Wales Hospital and NTE Cluster who are aged 18 or above are all welcome.
Each runner is welcome to invite ONE member of the family or a friend at CUHK to join this joyful run (registration is also required).
Registration is based on a first-come-first-served basis.
The Organisers reserve the right to close entries when the quota is full.
E-bib, E-certificate and a limited edition of drawstring sports bag will be given to runners who successfully completed the run and uploaded the run record. The drawstring sports bag will be delivered by local mail only. (Mailing address other than Hong Kong region is not accepted.)
Send us photos or selfies, highly suggested with your E-bib, when you run. An exclusive photo frame will be added on the photo to mark your completion of this running event and for sharing the fun and healthy moment with friends on social media.
Submission of run record:
Provide your finish date(s) and distance by uploading the screenshot(s) of your recorded activity or a treadmill photo on or before 25 February 2021 (Thursday) 11:59 pm
E-bib and the link for run record submission & photo sharing will be issued to the successful registrant
How it works?
- Register for the Virtual Fun Run between 11 January and 22 January 2021.
- A confirmation email with an E-bib will be sent to runners on or before 2 February 2021.
- Download any running app to track the records.
- Choose your favourite trail or track, run in a gym, outdoor or even on your own treadmill!
- Complete the run anywhere at locations of your choice between 8 February and 21 February 2021. Multiple runs are accepted for Explorers category.
- Take screenshot(s) containing the run date(s) and distance of your run. If you choose to run on a treadmill, simply take a photo of its screen after your run for record.
- Submit the records via the provided link on or before 25 February 2021, 11:59 pm.
- Late submission of record, submission of incomplete records or uploaded records with insufficient distance may result in disqualification. The E-certificate and souvenir will NOT be given to the runner.
- Adidas Runtastic Running App
- Garmin Connect
- Google Fit
- iPhone Health
- Map My Run
- MI Fit
- Nike Run Club
- Others of your choice
*Members include staff, students or alumni where applicable
|3.||Registration is mandatory prior to the submission of run record(s). Only online registration will be accepted and the entry is non-transferable to other people.|
|4.||Each runner should register once and for ONE category only.|
|5.||Please ensure the postal address provided in the registration form is correct and complete. Any returned souvenir by the Post Office or any courier service provider due to an incorrect address will NOT be arranged for another post.|
|6.||Successful registrants will receive an email confirmation with an E-bib on or before 2 February 2021. Registrants who do not receive a reply by this date should contact the Organisers for entry verification on or before 4 February 2021.|
- The Organisers will not be responsible or held liable for any injury, damage, death or other loss howsoever arising from training for, before, during, or after the participation in the Event. Runners are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the running period.
- The Organisers reserve the right to post any photographs, records, or any other media records submitted by the runners, on the Faculty’s or College’s website, Facebook and social media as well as publications.
- Change of category is NOT allowed once the registration has been completed.
- Runners are strictly prohibited from swapping or transferring his/her entry or allowing any other person to run on his/her behalf.
- Runners must follow the HKSAR Government’s regulations or guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic at all times, https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/public-transport-faq.html. If you feel unwell or have any symptoms, you should self-isolate as recommended by the government and the statutory bodies. Please do NOT run in groups and make this solo run to keep yourself fit and healthy.
- If you decide to run outdoor, you should always keep to the pedestrian and shall NOT run or walk on the road and cycling path. No obstruction shall be caused to other road users.
- There will be no awards or prizes.
- Only successful registrant will be issued with an E-bib and a link for record submission.
- Pay attention to the weather forecast, avoid running in extreme hot/cold condition, ensure you have enough hydration or layers for the weather.
- Runners are responsible for arranging their own insurance coverage.
- The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any person and/or nullify his/her result and refuse his/her future application due to any violation, breach or non-observance of any of the rules.
- The Organisers reserve the right to make necessary changes to any of the above information without giving prior notice.