- Assistant Dean (External Affairs)
- Associate Professor, Department of Paediatrics
- Warden, Madam S H Ho Hostel for Medical Students
- Neonatal intensive care
- Paediatric respiratory medicine
Education & Qualifications
BChir (Cantab), MB (Cantab), MD (CUHK), MRCPCH (UK), FHKCPaed, FHKAM (Paediatrics), FRCPCH (UK)
- Neonatal sepsis and necrotising enterocolitis
- Health impacts of early life exposures to environmental toxins
- Honorary Treasurer and Council member, Hong Kong College of Paediatricians
- Honorary Secretary, Committee for Subspecialty Boards, Hong Kong College of Paediatricians
- Honorary Secretary, The Hong Kong Neonatal Society
- Member, Advisory Council, Australian and New Zealand Neonatal Network
- Associate Editor, Hong Kong Journal of Paediatrics
- Review Editor, Frontiers in Pediatric Pulmonology
- Chan PHY, Chan MHM, Li AM, Cheung RCK, Yu XT, Lam HS*. Methylmercury levels in commonly consumed fish and methylmercury exposure of children and women of childbearing age in Hong Kong, a high fish consumption community. Environ Res. 2018 Oct;166:418-426.
- Lam HS, Chan KY, Ip M, Leung KT, Lo NW, Wong RP, Li K, Ng PC. Rapid Identification of Bacterial Antibiotic Resistance by qPCR in Infants with Gram-Negative Septicaemia: A Proof-of-Concept Study. Neonatology. 2017;111(2):145-15
- Hui LL, Lam HS*, Lau EY, Nelson EA, Wong TW, Fielding R. Prenatal dioxin exposure and neurocognitive development in Hong Kong 11-year-old children. Environ Res. 2016 Oct;150:205-12.
- Lam HS, Sit T, Chau CL, Tam YH, Cheung HM, Wong SP, Ng PC. Attitudes of Parents and Health Care Workers to Major Surgery for High-Risk Preterm Infants. J Pediatr. 2016 Jul 29. pii: S0022-3476(16)30500-5.
- Hui LL, Chan MH, Lam HS*, Chan PH, Kwok KM, Chan IH, Li AM, Fok TF. Impact of fetal and childhood mercury exposure on immune status in children. Environ Res. 2016 Jan;144(Pt A):66-72.
- Lam HS, Tam YH, Poon TC, Cheung HM, Yu X, Chan BP, Lee KH, Lee BS, Ng PC. A double-blind randomised controlled trial of fish oil-based versus soy-based lipid preparations in the treatment of infants with parenteral nutrition-associated cholestasis. Neonatology. 2014;105(4):290-
- Lam HS, Cheung HM, Poon TC, Wong RP, Leung KT, Li K, Ng PC. Neutrophil CD64 for daily surveillance of systemic infection and necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm infants. Clin Chem. 2013;59:1753-60.
- Lam HS*, Kwok KM, Chan PH, So HK, Li AM, Ng PC, Fok TF. Long term neurocognitive impact of low dose prenatal methylmercury exposure in Hong Kong. Environ Int. 2013 Apr;54:59-64.
- Lam HS, Wong SP, Cheung HM, Chu WC, Wong RP, Chui KM, Liu FY, Li K, Fok TF, Ng PC. Early Diagnosis of Intra-Abdominal Inflammation and Sepsis by Neutrophil CD64 Expression in Newborns. Neonatology. 2010 Aug 24;99(2):118-124.
- Lam HS, Ng PC, Chu WC, Wong W, Chan DF, Ho SS, Wong KT, Ahuja AT, Li CK. Renal screening in children after exposure to low dose melamine in Hong Kong: cross sectional study. BMJ. 2008 Dec 18;337:a2991.