The Global Alliance of Medical Excellence (GAME) is a strategic international network of medical schools that share a common interest in promoting innovative medical education and undertaking impactful research.
GAME-TEI Summer Camp
As one of the international collaboration projects under the umbrella of the GAME (Global Alliance of Medical Excellence), TEI (Transnational Educational Initiative) aims at educational exchanges and medical education research including undergraduate and postgraduate medical education. Every year, the TEI group conducts a TEI student summer camp as a student educational exchange program. The overall goals of the TEI student summer camp are to help you:
- Broaden your perspectives and increase understanding of different cultures;
- Gain valuable experience for future roles in patient care and research;
- Create a network of motivated medical students and teachers
- Artificial intelligence in Medicine and medical Education: Hype or Hope?
- 20 July 2020 (Monday) to 24 July 2020 (Friday)
- The 2nd TEI summer camp will be hosted by the University of Bologna, Italy
View this post on Instagram
Li riconoscete? Sono i portici di Strada Maggiore, storica sede di diversi dipartimenti dell'Alma Mater. Grazie a @andreapomm per aver condiviso questa foto con #unibo! 🤩 #almamaterstudiorum #almamater #instaunibo #universityofbologna #bologna #mybologna #stradamaggiore #stradamaggiorebologna #scienzepoliticheesociali #scienzeeconomiche #sociologia #dirittodelleconomia
- Interactive small group discussions led by students and facilitated by faculty
- Special lectures and sharing by faculty members from the University of Bologna and other GAME Universities
- Cultural excursions and tours
Before attending the meeting, you are requested to prepare a 5-min TED-like talk to present your current experience with artificial intelligence in medicine and relevant emerging questions in of these areas:
- Potential application of AI in health practice as you see it;
- If and when AI should be included in curriculum;
- Ethical considerations
It is essential that you attend the entire week of the summer camp. Thus, it is highly recommended that you make your plans to arrive on Sunday, July 19th and leave on Saturday, July 25th, 2020. Accommodation will be provided and is included in the fee.
- 2-3 motivated medical students, with some experience on any aspect of artificial intelligence
- Medical students from second to fourth-year will be given priority
- € 500 per student (includes accommodation and social tours)
- Visa, travel and other living expenses are to be met by the student. You are eligible to apply for and hold any available travel grants
How to apply:
If you are interested in the TEI programme, you should send the following documents to Ms Kathy Chan at email: email@example.com
- A completed application form (click here to download)
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of application (less than 500 words)
- Applications must be received on or before 12 December 2020
- Successful applicants will be informed by email by the end of February
Photo source: https://www.instagram.com/p/By45BfsonuD
16 students from member universities of GAME (including 2 CUHK students) joined the first Transnational Educational Initiative (TEI) summer camp hosted by Nagoya University in the summer of 2019. The theme of this summer camp was “Medical Professionalism in Disaster Conditions”. Through the sharing of experienced physicians who worked in the field during past disaster, our students learned about disaster cycle which consists of providing medically related disaster preparations, planning, response and recovery leadership. They also reflected on critical issues of medical professionalism in disaster conditions and further recognized their missions as physicians.