COVID-19 Community Outreach
Vaccination is the most effective measure to stop the spread of the virus and prevent severe cases, hospitalisation, and death. In response to the severe situation of the COVID-19 epidemic, CU Medicine initiated the community vaccination programme, hoping to help further increase the vaccination rate, particularly that of young children.
CU Medicine members in the fight against COVID-19
During the period of March to May 2022, over 400 medical alumni and students volunteered in the vaccination programme for reaching out districts such as Kowloon City, Sham Shui Po, Kwun Tong and Lantau Island, and giving out 3,000 Sinovac vaccinations to safeguard the school children, the elderly, or the people of less mobility in the districts.
Students, Teachers and Alumni Join Hands to Support the Community
Date: 5-6 March, 2022
- Targeted to have 2,000 school children and elderly vaccinated with more than 70 medical alumni and 40 students participated in two-day outreach service
- More details: https://bit.ly/3bjEMvz
Date: 9-10 April 2022
- Provided over 400 doses for the residents in district in receiving 2nd dose of vaccination
- Over 30 medical alumni and 60 medical students volunteered
Date: 19-20 March, 2022
- Provided nearly 600 jabs to school children, the elderly, and the ethnic minorities
- Over 60 medical alumni and 60 medical students participated
Date: 17 April 2022
- Approximately 460 doses of vaccination were given in the district
- 16 medical alumni and 14 medical students joined the programme
- The volunteers reached out remote villages and institutions on Lantau Island, such as Shek Mun Kap, CCC Tai O Primary School, Ling Yan Tsz, Kwun Yam Monastery, Lok Sang Lin She, Gak Su Temple, Po Lin Monastery and Mui Wo School and gave over 100 jabs in the district
- The outreach team reached Shek Lau Po Village and Ma Wan Chung Village to give vaccinations to nearly 10 people of less mobility
- The CU Medicine outreach team comprising 4 medical alumni, 2 medical students and 2 helpers revisited Shek Mun Kap, CCC Tai O Primary School, Kwun Yam Monastery, Po Lin Monastery and Mui Wo School to give over 60 jabs in the district
- The CU Medicine outreach team comprising 3 medical alumni revisited Sheung Lang Pei Village, Shek Lau Po Village, Ma Wan Chung Village and Ma Wan New Village in Tung Chung. A total of 20 jabs were given to villagers
26 March 2022
Over 20 medical alumni and 30 medical students provided over 300 jabs to school children and the elderly
Joint Community Efforts
We may not be able to carry out the services without the great support from different partners, organisations and individuals.
|Thank You for Supporting CU Medicine|
Kowloon City District
Sham Shui Po District
Kwun Tong District
Support Us Now!
While the Faculty celebrates its 40th anniversary, we continue our work in serving the community by working closely with our partners in combating the challenges of COVID-19 on different fronts.
Support us to join a global community of students, staff, doctors, researchers, alumni and partners who strive to enhance medical care and improve the health of humankind.
We appreciate your donations or gifts in kind. Please contact Ms. Katherine Wong at email@example.com for further information.