Professor CHAN Sau Man, Sandra
Assistant Dean (Student Support)
Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Assistant Dean (Student Support), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry
- Mood disorder
- Neuroimage-guided neuromodulation for treatment-refractory depression
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
Education and Qualifications
MBChB (CUHK), FRCPsych(UK), FHKAM(Psychiatry), FHKCPsych
- Functional brain mapping for mood disorders
- Network-informed transcranial magnetic stimulation for treatment-refractory major depressive disorder
- Subcommitee Chair and Convenor, Hong Kong Mental Health Association (DEC Cum MR Hostels and Training Centres
- Editorial Board, Neuropsychiatric diseases and treatment
- Chairman, Research Committee, Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists
- Editorial Board, East Asian Archives of Psychiatry
- Council member, Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists
- NTEC Psychiatry Training Unit- Psychotherapy Supervisor
- Coordinating tutor of NTEC psychiatric training centre, Hospital Authority
Academic Engagement in CUHK
- Program Director, Master of Science and Post-graduate Diploma in Mental Health
- Tse CY, Yip LY, Lui KY, Xiao XZ, Wang Y, Chu CW, Parks NA, Chan S, Neggers S. Establishing the Functional Connectivity of the Frontotemporal Network in Pre-attentive Change Detection with Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation and Event-related Optical Signal (In press- Neuroimage, accepted in June 2018)
- Wong WH, Chan A, Wong A, Lau CK, Yeung JH, Mok V, Lam LC, Chan S. Eye movement parameters and cognitive functions in Parkinson's disease patients without dementia.Parkinsonism and Related Disorders (2018), doi: 10.1016/j.parkreldis.2018.03.013
- Lu H, Ma SL, Chan S, Lam LCW. The effects of apolipoprotein ε 4 on aging brain in cognitively normal Chinese elderly: a surface-based morphometry study. International Psychogeriatrics 2016 (doi: 10.1017/S1041610216000624)
- Lu H, Chan S, Fung AWT, Lam LCW. Efficiency of attentional components in elderly with mild neurocognitive disorders shown by the attention network test. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders 2016; 41: (1-2); 93-8.
- Lu H, Chan S, Fung AWT, Lam LCW. Utility of Montreal Cognitive Assessment (Hong Kong Version) in the Diagnosis of Mild Neurocognitive Disorders (NCD): NCD due to Alzheimer Disease (NCD-AD) and NCD due to Vascular Disease (NCD-Vascular). Journal of the American Medical Directors Association 2016; 17(4):366-7.
- Chan SSM, Chiu FHK, Lam LCW, Wong SMC, Conwell Y. A multi-dimensional risk factor model for suicide attempts in later life. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment 2014; 10: 1807-17.
- Chan SSM, Leung VPY, Tsoh J, Li SW, Yu CS, Yu KK, Poon TK, Pan PC, Chan WF, Conwell Y, Lam LCW, Chiu HFK. Outcomes of a two-tiered multi-faceted elderly suicide prevention program in a Hong Kong Chinese community. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2011; 19: 185-96.
- Chan SSM, Chiu HFK, Chen EYH, Chan WSC, Wong PWC, Chan CLW, Law YW, Yip PSF. Population-attributable risk of suicide conferred by axis I psychiatric diagnoses in a Hong Kong Chinese population. Psychiatric Services 2009; 60(8): 1135-8.
- Chan SSM, Chiu HFK, Chen EYH, Chan WSC, Wong PWC, Chan CLW, Law YW, Yip PSF. What does psychological autopsy study tell us about charcoal burning suicide- a new and contagious method in Asia? Suicide and Life-threatening Behavior 2009; 39(6): 633-38.
- Chan SSM, Lyness JM, Yeates C. Do Cerebrovascular Risk Factors Confer Risk for Suicide in Later Life? A Case-Control Study. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2007; 15(6): 541-44.