School/ Department/ Institute/ Centre/ Unit
The Jockey Club School of Public Health and Primary Care
MRCGP(UK), DRCOG (UK), MBChB (UK), BSc(UK)
Patient and doctor behaviour
Primary care diagnostics
Honorary resident, Family Medicine, Hospital Authority
Editorial board member, Hong Kong College of Family Practitioners
Health services committee member, The Family Planning Association of Hong Kong.
Academic advisor, Family medicine, MBBS, Shantou University
- Wong CKM, Yip BHK, Gao T, Lam KYY, Woo DMS, Yip ASK, Tang WPY, Choy MMT, Tsang KWK, Ho SC, Ma HSW, Wong SYS. Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) or Psychoeducation for the Reduction of Menopausal Symptoms: A Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial. Scientific Reports, 8(1), 2018.
- Wong ELY, Huang F, Cheung AWK, Wong CKM*. The impact of menopause on the sexual health of Chinese Cantonese women: A mixed methods study. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 2018 DOI: 10.1111/jan.13568
- Wong CKM*, Wong SYS, IP M, Lee Nelson, Fung Alice, Kung K. Antibiotic resistance rates and physician antibiotic prescription patterns of uncomplicated urinary tract infections in southern Chinese primary care. PLOSone. 2017: pone 01771266
- Wong CKM, Liu ZM, Butler C, Wong SYS, Fung A, Chan D, Yip BHK, Kung K. Help seeking and antibiotic prescribing for acute cough in a Chinese primary care population. npj Primary Care Respiratory Medicine 2016:26,15080
- Tse LA, Li M, Chan WC, Kwok CH, Leung SL, Wu C, Yu ITS, Yu WC, Wang X, Lao X, Wong CKM, Lee MIP, Wang F and Yang X. Familial Risks and Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer in Hong Kong Chinese Women. PlosONE 2015 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0120741
- Kung K, Wong CKM*, Wong SYS, Lam A, Chan CK, Griffiths S, Butler C. Patient presentation and physician management of upper respiratory tract infections: a retrospective review of over 5 million primary clinic consultations in Hong Kong. BMC Family Practice 2014; 15(1):95.
- Wong CKM, Liang J, Chan ML, Chan YH, Chan L, et al. Prevalence and Psychosocial Correlates of Depressive Symptoms in Urban Chinese Women during Midlife. PLoS ONE 2014 9(11): e110877.
- Wong CKM, Yip BHK*, Mercer S, Griffiths S, Kung K, Wong MCS, Chor J, Wong SYS. The effect of wearing face masks by primary care doctors on patient’s perceived empathy and relational continuity: a randomised controlled trial. BMC Family Practice 2013; 14(1):200.
- Chung R, Leung J, Chan D, Woo J, Wong CKM, Wong SYS. Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (LUTS) as a Risk Factor for Depressive Symptoms in Elderly Men: Results from a Large Prospective Study in Southern Chinese Men. PLoS ONE 2013; 8(9):e76017.
- Chan FWK, Wong FYY, So WY, Kung K, Wong CKM. How much do elders with chronic conditions know about their medications? BMC Geriatrics 2013; 13(1):59.
- Chair of Communication Skills Taskforce (MBChB)
- Chair of College life committee (Morningside College, CUHK)
- Module Examination and Combined Clinical Examination Coordinator (3rd Professional Exam Part I)
- Member of Student Exchange and Elective Committee
- Member of Student Disciplinary Committee
- Course director and coordinator:
- MEDU4010 Community & Family Medicine Module (Family Medicine)
- MEDU3340 & MEDU4340 Integrated Clinical Communication Skills I & II
- MEDU2500 & MEDU3500 Doctor & Patient Course