Professor David SC HUI, BBS, JP
Chairman, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
Stanley Ho Professor of Respiratory Medicine
Director, Stanley Ho Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases
Director, SH Ho Sleep Apnoea Management Center
Honorary Consultant Physician, Prince of Wales Hospital
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
MBBS (UNSW), MD (UNSW), MRCP (UK), FRACP, FRCP (Lond, Edin, Glasg), FHKCP, FHKAM (Medicine)
Respiratory failure and sleep disordered breathing, management of emerging severe acute respiratory infections, safety of respiratory therapy and prevention of nosocomial infections in the post SARS era, common airway diseases.
- Zumla A, Memish ZA, Maeurer M, Bates M, Mwaba P, Al-Tawfiq JA, Denning DW, Hayden FG, Hui DS. Emerging novel and antimicrobial-resistant respiratory tract infections: new drug development and therapeutic options. Lancet Infect Dis.2014;14:1136-1149.
- Hui DS, Chow B, Lo T, Ng SS, Ko FW, Gin T, Chan MT. Exhaled air dispersion during non-invasive ventilation via helmets and a total face mask. Chest 2015;147:1336-1343.
- Lee N, Leo YS, Cao B, Chan PK, Kyaw WM, Uyeki TM, Tam WW, Cheung CS, Yung IM, Li H, Gu L, Liu YM, Liu Z, Qu J, Hui DS. Neuraminidase inhibitors, Superinfection, and Corticosteroids Affect Survival of Influenza Patients. Eur Respir J 2015;45:1642-1652.
- Ng SS, Chan R, Woo J, Chan T, Cheung B, Sea M, To KW, Chan KP, Ngai JC, Yip WH, Ko FW, Hui DS. A randomized controlled study to examine the effect of lifestyle modification program in obstructive sleep apnea. Chest 2015;148:1193-1203.
- Ko FW, Cheung NK, Rainer TH, Lum C, Wong I, Hui DS. Comprehensive care programme for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomised controlled trial. Thorax. 2017;72(2):122-128.
- Hui DS, Ng SS, To KW, Ko FW, Ngai J, Chan KK, Yip WH, Chan TO, Yiu K, Tam WW. A randomized controlled trial of an ambulatory approach versus the hospital-based approach in managing suspected obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. Sci Rep. 2017;8:45901.
- Zumla A, Hui DS, Perlman S. Middle East Respirology Syndrome. Lancet. 2015; 386(9997):995-1007.
- Chan MT, Chow BK, Lo T, Ko FW, Ng SS, Gin T, Hui DS. Exhaled air dispersion during bag-mask ventilation and sputum suctioning - Implications for infection control. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):198.
- Hui DS, Lee N, Chan PK, Beigel JH. The role of adjuvant immunomodulatory agents for treatment of severe influenza. Antiviral Res.2018;150:202-216.
- Hui DS, Azhar EI, Kim YJ, Memish ZA, Oh MD, Zumla A. Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: risk factors and determinants of primary, household, and nosocomial transmission. Lancet Infect Dis. 2018 Apr 18. pii: S1473-3099(18)30127-0. [Epub ahead of print]
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) Programme
Annual Certificate Course on Respiratory Medicine
Advances in Medicine Diploma Course