- Assistant Dean (Alumni Affairs), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, The Nethersole School of Nursing
Education & Qualifications
PhD, FAAN, SFHEA, FHKAN(Education & Research), RN
- Paediatric oncology
- Child and adolescent health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Health-risk behaviours
Award & Honour
Distinguished Alumni Award, The Nethersole School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, CUHK, 2021
Faculty Teaching Medal, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, HKU
Fellow, The American Academy of Nursing
Fellow, Hong Kong Academy of Nursing (Education and Research)
Senior Fellow of The Higher Education Academy, UK
- President, College of Education and Research in Nursing, Hong Kong Academy of Nursing
- Vice Chairperson, Hong Kong Society for Nursing Education
- Advisor, Anne Marden Playright Academy
- Specialty Panel Member for the Voluntary Scheme on Advanced and Specialised Nursing Practice, The Nursing Council of Hong Kong
- Specialist of the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications
Academic Engagement in CUHK
- Programme Director, Doctor of Nursing Programme
- Chair, Research Committee, The Nethersole School of Nursing
- Li, W. H. C.,* Luo, Y. H., Cheung, T., Ho, L. L., & Chung, O. K. J. (2022). Paving the way to promote the resilience of children with cancer and their families to overcome stress and adversity. Cancer Nursing, 45(1), 83.
- Cheung, T., Li, W. H. C.,* Ho, L. K., Chan, G. C. F., Lam, H. S., & Chung, O. K. J. (2022). Efficacy of Mobile Instant Messaging-Delivered Brief Motivational Interviewing for Parents to Promote Physical Activity in Pediatric Cancer Survivors: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Network Open.
- Luk, T. T., Lam, T. H., Leung, W. C., Leung, K. Y., Cheung, K. W., Kwa, C., ... Li, W. H. C., & Wang, M. P. (2021). Brief advice, nicotine replacement therapy sampling, and active referral for expectant fathers who smoke cigarettes: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Internal Medicine, 181(8), 1081-1089.
- Xia, W., Li, H. C. W.,* Cai, W., Song, P., Zhou, X., Lam, K. W. K., & Ho, K. Y. (2020). Effectiveness of a video-based smoking cessation intervention focusing on maternal and child health in promoting quitting among expectant fathers in China: A randomised controlled trial. PLoS Medicine, 17(9), e1003355.
- Wang, M. P., Luk, T. T., Wu, Y., Li, W. H. C., Cheung, Y. T. D., Kwong, A. C. K., Lai, V. W. Y., Chan, S. S. C., & Lam, T. H. (2019). Chat-based instant messaging support integrated with brief interventions for smoking cessation: A community-based, pragmatic, cluster-randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Digital Health, 1(4), e183–e192.
- Li, W. H. C.,* Ho, K. Y., Wang, M. P., Cheung, D. Y. T., Lam, K. W. K., Xia, W., Cheung, K. Y., Wong, C. K. H., Chan, S. S. C., & Lam, T. H. (2019). Effectiveness of a brief self-determination theory-based smoking cessation intervention for smokers at emergency departments in Hong Kong: A randomised controlled trial. JAMA Internal Medicine, 180(2), 206–214.
- Li, W. H. C.,* Ho, K. Y., Xia, W., Wang, M. P., Lam, K. W. K., Chan, S. S. C., & Lam, T. H. (2019). Helping hospitalised smokers in Hong Kong quit smoking by understanding their risk perception, behaviour, and attitudes related to smoking. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 75(10), 2167–2177.
- Cheung, T., Li, W. H. C.,* Ho, K. Y., Lam, K. W. K., Ho, L. K., Chiu, S. Y., Chan, G. C. F., Chung, O. K. J. (2019). Efficacy of musical training on psychological outcomes and quality of life in Chinese paediatric brain tumor survivors. Psycho-Oncology, 28(1), 174–180.
- Li, W. H. C.,* Ho, K. Y., Lam, K. W. K., Lam, H. S., Chiu, S. Y., Chan, G. C. F., Cheung, T., Ho, L. K., Chung, O. K. J. (2018) Adventure-based training to promote physical activity and reduce fatigue among childhood cancer survivors: A randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 83, 65-74.
- Wang, M. P., Suen, Y. N., Li, W. H. C., Lam, O. B. C., Wu, Y., Kwong, A., Lai, V., Chan, S. S. C., Lam, T. H. (2017) Intervention with brief cessation advice plus active referral for proactively recruited community smokers: a pragmatic cluster randomized controlled trial. JAMA Internal Medicine, 177(12), 1790-1797
* corresponding author