Professor MOK Shu Kam, Tony, BBS
Chairman, Department of Clinical Oncology
Li Shu Fan Professor of Clinical Oncology
Fellow of ASCO (FASCO)
Member of ASCO Board of Director (June 2018 - May 2022)
Past President, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
Member of The Hong Kong Academy of Sciences
Department of Clinical Oncology
Professor Tony Mok focuses on biomarker and molecular targeted therapy in lung cancer. He co-founded the Lung Cancer Research Group, and has led multiple multi-national studies that help establish the global standard on personalized medicine for lung cancer.
|1982||BMSc, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada|
|1984||MD, University of Alberta|
|1988||FRCPC, Royal College of Physician of Canada|
|1997||FHKCP, Hong Kong College of Physician|
|1997||FHKAM, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine|
|2015||FRCP(Edin), Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh|
|2021||FRCP(Lond), Royal College of Physicians of London|
Lung Cancer, Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Mok TS, Wu YL, Ahn MJ, Garassino MC, Kim HR, Ramalingam SS, Shepherd FA, He Y, Akamatsu H, Theelen WSME, Lee CK, Sebastian M, Templeton A, Mann H, Marotti M, Ghiorghiu S, Papadimitrakopoulou VA. Osimertinib or Platinum–Pemetrexed in EGFR T790M–Positive Lung Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2017 Feb 16;376(7):629-640. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1612674. Epub 2016 Dec 6.
- Peters S, Camidge DR, Shaw AT, Gadgeel S, Ahn JS, Kim DW, Ou SI, Pérol M, Dziadziuszko R, Rosell R, Zeaiter A, Mitry E, Golding S, Balas B, Noe J, Morcos PN, Mok T; ALEX Trial Investigators. Alectinib versus Crizotinib in Untreated ALK-Positive Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2017 Aug 31;377(9):829-838. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1704795. Epub 2017 Jun 6.
- Mok TSK, Kim SW, Wu YL, Nakagawa K, Yang JJ, Ahn MJ, Wang J, Yang JC, Lu Y, Atagi S, Ponce S, Shi X, Rukazenkov Y, Haddad V, Thress KS, Soria JC. Gefitinib Plus Chemotherapy Versus Chemotherapy in Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutation–Positive Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer Resistant to First-Line Gefitinib (IMPRESS): Overall Survival and Biomarker Analyses. J Clin Oncol.2017 Dec 20;35(36):4027-4034. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2017.73.9250. Epub 2017 Oct 2.
- Tony S. Mok, Ying Cheng, Xiangdong Zhou, Ki Hyeong Lee, Kazuhiko Nakagawa, Seiji Niho, Min Young Lee, Rolf Linke, Rafael Rosell, Jesus Corral, Maria Rita Migliorino, Adam Pluzanski, Eric I. Sbar, Tao Wang, Jane Liang White, and Yi-Long Wu. Improvement in Overall Survival in a Randomized Study Comparing Dacomitinib With Gefitinib in Patients With Advanced Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer Harboring EGFR-Activating Mutations. J Clin Oncol. 2018 Jun 4:JCO2018787994. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2018.78.7994. [Epub ahead of print]
- TS Mok, Yi-Long Wu, S Thongprasert, Chih-Hsin Yang, Da-Tong Chu, Nagahiro Saijo, P Sunpaweravong, Baohui Han, B Margono, Yukito Ichinose, Yutaka Nishiwaki, Yuichiro Ohe, Jin-Ji Yang, B Chewaskulyong, Haiyi Jiang, E L Duffield, CL Watkins, AA Armour, Masahiro Fukuoka. Gefitinib or Carboplatin-Paclitaxel in Pulmonary Adenocarcinoma. New Engl J Med. 2009; 361(10):947-957.
- M Fukuoka, YL Wu, S Thongprasert, S Sunpaweravong, SS Leong, S Sriuranpong, TY Chao, K Nakagawa, DT Chu, N Saijo, E Duffield, Y Rukazenkov, Y Speake, H Jiang, AA Armour, KF To, JCH Yang, TS Mok. Biomarker Analyses and Final Overall Survival Results from a Phase III, Randomized, Open-Label, First-Line Study of Gefitinib Versus Carboplatin/Paclitaxel in Clinically Selected Patients with Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer in Asia (IPASS). J of Clin Oncol. 2011 Jul 20;29(21): 2866-2874.
- AT Shaw, DW Kim, K Nakagawa, T Seto, L Crinó, MJ Ahn, T De Pas, B Besse, BJ Solomon, F Blackhall, YL Wu, M Thomas, KJ O'Byrne, D Moro-Sibilot, DR Camidge, T Mok, V Hirsh, GJ Riely, S Iyer, V Tassell, A Polli, KD Wilner, PA Jänne. Crizotinib versus chemotherapy in advanced ALK-positive lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jun 20;368(25):2385-94.
- TS Mok, Yi-Long Wu, Chong-Jen Yu, Caicun Zhou, Yuh-Min Chen, Li Zhang, Jorge Ignacio, Meilin Liao, Vichien Srimuninnimit, Michael J Boyer, Marina Chua-Tan, Virote Sriuranpong, Aru W Sudoyu, Kate Jin, Michael Johnston, Winsome Chui, Jin-Soo Lee. Randomized, placebo-controlled, phase II study of sequential erlotinib and chemotherapy as first-line treatment for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009 Oct 20;27(30):5080-5087.
- TSK Mok, Winnie Yeo, PJ Johnson, P Hui, WM Ho, KC Lam, M Xu, K Chak, Anthony Chan, Herman Wong, Frankie Mo, Benny Zee. A double-blind placebo-controlled randomized study of Chinese herbal medicine as complementary therapy for reduction of chemotherapy-induced toxicity. Ann Oncol. 2007 Apr;18(4):768-774.
- T Mok, JJ Yang, KC Lam. Treating Patients With EGFR-Sensitizing Mutations: First Line or Second Line--Is There a Difference? J Clin Oncol. 2013 Feb; 31(8):1081-88.
- BJ Solomon, T Mok, DW Kim, YL Wu, K Nakagawa, T Mekhail, E Felip, F Cappuzzo, J Paolini, T Usari, S Iyer, A Reisman, KD Wilner, J Tursi, F Blackhall; PROFILE 1014 Investigators. First-Line Crizotinib versus Chemotherapy in ALK-Positive Lung Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2014 Dec 4;371(23):2167-77. (co-first author)
- YL Wu, JS Lee, S Thongprasert, CJ Yu, L Zhang, G Ladrera, V Srimuninnimit, V Sriuranpong, J Sandoval-Tan, Y Zhu, M Liao, C Zhou, H Pan, V Lee, YM Chen, Y Sun, B Margono, F Fuerte, GC Chang, K Seetalarom, J Wang, A Cheng, E Syahruddin, X Qian, J Ho, J Kurnianda, HE Liu, K Jin, M Truman, I Bara, T Mok. Intercalated combination of chemotherapy and erlotinib for patients with advanced stage non-small-cell lung cancer (FASTACT-2): a randomised, double-blind trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013 Jul;14(8):777-86.
- PA Jänne, SHI Ou, DW Kim, GR Oxnard, R Martins, MG Kris, F Dunphy, M Nishio, J O’Connell, C Paweletz, I Taylor, H Zhang, Z Goldberg, T Mok. Dacomitinib as first-line treatment in patients with clinically or molecularly selected advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a multicentre, open-label, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014 Dec;15(13):1433-41.
- J Soria, Y Wu, K Nakagawa, S Kim, K Nakagawa, J Yang, M Ahn, J Wang, J Yang, Y Lu, S Atagi, S Ponce, D Lee, Y L, K Yoh, J Zhou, X Shi, A Webster, H Jiang, TSK Mok. Gefitinib plus Chemotherapy versus placebo chemotherapy in EGFR-mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer after progression on first-line gefitinib (IMPRESS): a phase 3 randomised trial Lancet Oncol: 2015 Aug.16(8):990–998, August 2015
Honorary Professorship at Guangdong Province People’s Hospital
Guest Professorship at Peking University School of Oncology
Visiting Professorship at Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Visiting Professorship at West China School of Medicine/West China Hospital, Sichuan University