- Associate Dean (Alumni Affairs), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Upper GI and Metabolic Surgical Division, Department of Surgery
- Professor, Institute of Digestive Disease
- Upper gastrointestinal tract surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Bariatric/Metabolic endocrine surgery
- Surgical nutrition
Education & Qualifications
MBChB (CUHK), MD (CUHK), FRCSEd, FCSHK, FRCSEd (Gen), FHKAM (Surgery)
- Gastric cancer screening, diagnosis and multi-modality therapy
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumour
- Metabolic and bariatric surgery in Asia
- New surgical approaches for adrenal, thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Perioperative Nutrition and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery
Award & Honour
- State Scientific and Technological Progress Award (SSTPA) - Second-Class Award, 2007
- Master Teacher Award, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2006
- Teacher of the Year Awards, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2001-2006
- Honorary Chief of Service, Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Cluster Director of Surgery, New Territories East Cluster, Hospital Authority
Academic Engagement in CUHK
- Year 6 Coordinator, MBChB Programme
- Liu SY, Wong SK, Lam CC, Yung MY, Kong AP, Ng EK. Long-term Results on Weight Loss and Diabetes Remission after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy for A Morbidly Obese Chinese Population. Obes Surg. 2015 Mar 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Chan MS, Teoh AY, Chan KW, Tang YC, Ng EK, Leong HT. Randomized double-blinded prospective trial of fibrin sealant spray versus mechanical stapling in laparoscopic total extraperitoneal hernioplasty. Ann Surg. 2014; 259(3):432-7.
- Teoh AY, Chiu PW, Yeung WK, Liu SY, Wong SK, Ng EK. Long-term survival outcomes after definitive chemoradiation versus surgery in patients with resectable squamous carcinoma of the esophagus: results from a randomized controlled trial. Ann Oncol. 2013: 24: 165-71.
- Teoh AY, Chiu PW, Wong TC, Poon MC, Wong SK, Leong HT, Lai PB, Ng EK. A double-blinded randomized controlled trial of laparoendoscopic single-site access versus conventional 3-port appendectomy. Ann Surg. 2012; 256: 909-14.
- Teoh AY, Yan Chiu PW, Wong TC, Liu SY, Hung Wong SK, Ng EK. Functional performance and quality of life in patients with squamous esophageal carcinoma receiving surgery or chemoradiation: results from a randomized trial. Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 1-5.
- Liu SY, Ng EK, Lee PS, Wong SK, Chiu PW, Mui WL, So WY, Chow FC. Radiofrequency ablation for benign aldosterone-producing adenoma: a scarless technique to an old disease. Ann Surg. 2010; 252: 1058-64
- Ng EK, Lam YH, Sung JJ, Yung MY, To KF, Chan AC, Lau JY, Lee DW, Law BK, Ling TK, Lau WY, Chung SC. Eradication of Helicobacter pylori prevents ulcer recurrence after simple repair for duodenal ulcer perforation. Ann Surg 2000; 231: 153-158.
- Ng EK, Sung JJ, Ling TK, Ip SM, Lau JY, Chan AC, Liew CT, Chung SC. Helicobacter pylori and the null genotype of glutathione-S-transferase-mu in patients with gastric adenocarcinoma. Cancer 1998; 15: 82: 268-73.
- Ng EK, Chung SCS, Sung JJY, Lam YH, Lee DWH, Lau JYW, Lau WY, Ling TKW, Li AKC. High prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection in perforated duodenal ulcers not associated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs usage. Br J Surg 1996; 83: 1779-81.
- Ng EK, Chung SC, Lau JT, Sung JJ, Leung JW, Raimes SA, Chan AC, Li AK. Risk of further ulcer complications after an episode of peptic ulcer bleeding. Br J Surg. 1996; 83:840-4.