- Assistant Dean (Learning Experience), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
- Professor, Institute of Digestive Disease
- Professor, State Key Laboratory of Digestive Diseases (CUHK)
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Fibrosis
- Peptic Ulcer
Education and qualifications
MBChB (CUHK), MD (CUHK), FRCP (Lond, Edin), FHKCP, FHKAM (Medicine)
- Chronic Viral Hepatitis B and C
- Hepatocelluar Carcinoma
- Non-Invasive Assessment Of Liver Fibrosis
- Idiopathic Peptic Ulcer
- Big Data In Medicine
Award & Honour
- Guangdong Province Science & Technology First Class Award, 2018
- JGHF Emerging Leader Lectureship, JGH Foundation, 2017
- Sir David Todd Lectureship, Hong Kong College of Physicians, 2016
- Distinguished Research Paper Award for Young Investigators, Hong Kong College of Physicians, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Ten Outstanding Young Persons Award, Hong Kong, 2014
- Travel Grant Award, School of Research Methodology, the 22nd Conference of the Asian-Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver, 2012
- Young Investigator Award: Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver, Hong Kong, 2009
- Bronze Award, Best Original Research by Trainees: Hong Kong Academy of Medicine, 2008
- Honorary Treasurer, The Hong Kong Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Academic Engagement in CUHK
Director, Master of Science Programme in Gastroenterology
Coordinator, Summer Clinical Attachment Programme (SCAP), Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
- Wong GL, Wong VW, Chan HL. Towards finite oral antiviral treatment for chronic hepatitis B. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2019 Apr;4(4):260-262.
- Wong GL, Lau LH, Ching JY, et al. Prevention of recurrent idiopathic gastroduodenal ulcer bleeding: a double-blind, randomised trial. Gut 2019 Jun. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wong GL, Liang LY, Kwok R, et al. Low risk of variceal bleeding in cirrhotic patients after variceal screening stratified by liver/spleen stiffness. Hepatology. 2019 Jan 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wong GL, Ma AJ, Deng H, et al. Machine learning model to predict recurrent ulcer bleeding in patients with history of idiopathic gastroduodenal ulcer bleeding. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019 Apr;49(7):912-918.
- Wong GL, Chan HL, Tse YK, et al. Normal on-treatment ALT during antiviral treatment is associated with a lower risk of hepatic events in patients with chronic hepatitis B. J Hepatol 2018;69(4):793-802.
- Wong GL, Wong VW. Eliminating hepatitis B virus as a global health threat. Lancet Infect Dis. 2016 Dec;16(12):1313-1314.
- Wong GL, Tse YK, Wong VW, et al. Long-term safety of oral nucleos(t)ide analogues for patients with chronic hepatitis B - a cohort study of 53,500 subjects. Hepatology 2015;62:684-93.
- Wong GL, Chan HL, et al. On-treatment alpha-fetoprotein is a specific tumor marker for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic hepatitis B receiving entecavir. Hepatology 2014;59:986-95.
- Wong GL, Chan HL, Chan HY, et al. Accuracy of risk scores for patients with chronic hepatitis B receiving entecavir treatment. Gastroenterology. 2013 May;144(5):933-44
- Wong GL, Wong VW, Chan Y, et al. High incidence of mortality and recurrent bleeding in patients with Helicobacter pylori-negative idiopathic bleeding ulcers. Gastroenterology. 2009 Aug;137(2):525-31.