School / Department / Institute / Centre / Unit
The Jockey Club School of Public Health and Primary Care
Primary care, Health services research, Multimorbidity, Mental health
MD (U. of Toronto), MD (CUHK), MPH (Johns Hopkins), CCFPC, FRACGP, FHKCCM, FHKAM (Community Medicine), FFPH (UK), FCFPC
Evaluation of mental health and primary care interventions
Mindfulness related interventions
Evaluation of primary care services using patient satisfaction survey and the primary care assessment tool (PCAT)
Honorary Consultant in Family Medicine, Department of Family Medicine of the New Territories East Cluster of the Hospital Authority
Member of the Steering Committee on Primary Healthcare Development for the HKSAR government
Member of the Advisory Council on Food and Environmental Hygiene, HKSAR government
Member of the Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health, HKSAR government
Member of the Advisory Committee on Primary Care Directory, Advisory Group on Hong Kong Reference Framework for Preventive Care for Children and for Older Adults in Primary Care Settings of the Department of Health, HKSAR government
Member of Grant Review Board, Health and Medical Research Fund, Food and Health Bureau, the Hong Kong SAR Government
Honorary Member, Hospital Authority Institute of Health Care (HAIHC) Management Committee, Hospital Authority
Editorial Board Member, PLOS ONE
Editorial Board Member, BMC Family Medicine
International Advisory Board Member, British Journal of General Practitioner
- Wong SYS, Sun YY, Chan AT, Leung MK, Chao DV, Li CC, Chan KK, Tang WK, Mazzucchelli T, Au AM. Treating Subthreshold Depression in Primary Care: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Behavioral Activation With Mindfulness. Annals of Family Medicine2018, 16(2):111-119. doi: 10.1370/afm.2206
- Wong SY, Zou D, Chung RY, Sit RW, Zhang D, Chan D, Yeoh EK, Woo JW. Regular Source of Care for the Elderly: A Cross-National Comparative Study of Hong Kong With 11 Developed Countries. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2017 Jun 21.
- Wong SYS, Zhang D, Li CC, Yip BH, Chan DC, Ling Y, Lo CS, Woo DM, Sun Y, Ma H, Mak WW, Gao T, Lee TM, Wing Y. Comparing the Effects of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Sleep Psycho-Education with Exercise on Chronic Insomnia: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics 2017;86(4):241-253. doi: 10.1159/000470847. Epub 2017 Jun 24.
- Tsoi KKF, Chan JYC, Hirai HW, Wong SYS. Comparison of diagnostic performance of Two-Question screen and 15 depression screening instruments for older adults: systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Psychiatry 2017; doi: 10.1192/bjp.bp.116.186932.
- Wong SYS, Yip BHK, Mak WWS, Mercer S, Cheung EYL, Ling CYM, Lui WWS, Tang WK, Lo HHM, Wu JCY, Lee TMC, Gao T, Griffiths SM, Chan PHS, Ma HSW. Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy versus Group Psychoeducation for People with Generalized Anxiety Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Trial. British Journal of Psychiatry 2016, 209 (1) 68-75; doi: 10.1192/bjp.bp.115.1661245
- Chung RY, Mercer SW, Yip BH, Chan SW, Lai FT, Wang HH, Wong MC, Wong CK, Sit RW, Yeoh EK, Wong SY. The association between types of regular primary care and hospitalization among people with and without multimorbidity: a household survey on 25,780 Chinese. Scientific Reports 2016; 6:29758. doi: 10.1038/srep29758.
- Wei XL, Li HT, Yang N, Wong SYS, Chong MCS, Shi L, Wong MCS, Xu J, Zhang D, Tang J, Li DKT, Meng Q, Griffiths SM. Changes in the perceived quality of primary care in Shanghai and Shenzhen, China: a difference-in-difference analysis. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2015; 93(6):407-416.
- Wang HHX, Wong SYS*, Wong MCS, Wei XL, Wang JJ, Li DKT, Tang JL, Gao GY, Griffiths SM. Patients’ experiences in different models of community health centers in southern China. Annals of Family Medicine 2013; 517-526. doi:10.1370/afm.1545.
- Hou J, Wong SYS*, Yip, BHK, Lo HHM, Chan, PHS, Lo, CSL, Kwok, TCY, Tang, WK, Mak, WWS, Mercer, SW, Ma, HSW.: Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Program Improves Family Caregivers’ Mental Well-being: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Psychotherapy & Psychosomatics 2013; 83:45-53
- Wong SY, Chan FW, Wong RL, Chu MC, Lam KYY, Mercer SW, and Ma SH: Comparing the Effectiveness of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction and Multidisciplinary Intervention Programs for Chronic Pain A Randomized Comparative Trial. Clinical Journal of Pain.2011; 27(8):724-734
- Head, Division of Family Medicine, The Jockey Club School of Public Health and Primary Care
- Associate Director (Undergraduate Education), JC School of Public Health and Primary Care
- Co-director of the Master of Public Health, JC School of Public Health and Primary Care
- Year 5 Co-ordinator, Faculty of Medicine
- Member of MD Sub-committee, Faculty of Medicine
- Member of Fitness to Practice Committee, Faculty of Medicine
- Mentorship program, Global Physician Stream, Faculty of Medicine
- Council member, Hong Kong College of Family Physicians
- Council member, Hong Kong College of Community Medicine
- Examiner, Hong Kong College of Family Physicians Exit Exam (Research Segment)
- Examiner, Hong Kong College of Community Medicine (Public Health) Exit Exam