- Assistant Dean (External Affairs), Faculty of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics
- Head (Academic Affairs), Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine & Therapeutics
- Director (Clinical Science), Heart & Vascular Institute
- Interventional Cardiology
- Vascular Medicine & Interventions
Education & Qualifications
MBBS(Melb), MD(Monash), FRACP, FHKCP, FHKAM, FACC, FRCP (Edin, Lond)
- Percutaneous coronary & endovascular interventions
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Atrial fibrillation and health economics
Award and Honour
- Visiting Professor, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, Monash University, Australia
- Clinical Research Fellow, Harvard Medical School
- Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Vascular Diagnostic & Interventional Fellow, Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Distinguished Young Fellow, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine, 2019
- Hong Kong College of Physician Richard Yu Lecture, 2018
- Young Leadership Award in Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Washington DC, 2010
- Honorary Consultant, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital
- Expert Panel member, Food and Health Bureau
- Council Member, Hong Kong College of Physician
- Board Member, Hong Kong College of Cardiology
- Board Member, Specialty Board in Cardiology, Hong Kong College of Physician
- Board Member, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine Credentialling for Endovascular Neurointerventional Procedures
- Senior Scientist, Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-cardiovascular Health Engineering
- Editorial Board Member, AsiaIntervention
- Deputy Editor, Journal of Hong Kong College of Cardiology
- Editorial board member, Korean Circulation Journal
Academic Engagement in CUHK
- Director, Master of Science in Cardiology Programme, Department of Medicine & Therapeutics
- Mentor, MBChB Programme Global Physician-Leadership Stream (GPS)
- Year 6 Coordinator, MBChB Programme
- Yu DS, Li PW, Li SX, Smith RD, Yue SC, Yan BP. Effectiveness and Cost-effectiveness of an Empowerment-Based Self-care Education Program on Health Outcomes Among Patients With Heart Failure: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Netw Open.2022 Apr 1;5(4):e225982.
- Sun W, Freedman B, Martinez C, Wallenhorst C, Yan BP. Atrial Fibrillation Detected by Single Time-Point Handheld Electrocardiogram Screening and the Risk of Ischemic Stroke. Thromb Haemost 2022;122(2):286-294
- Yan BP, Lai HS, Chan CKY, Au A, Freedman B, Poh YC, Poh MZ. High-throughput, contact-free detection of atrial fibrillation from video with deep learning. JAMA Cardiol. 2020;5(1):105-107.
- Yan BP, Lai WHS, Chan CKY, Chan SCH, Chan LH, Lam KM, et al. Contact-free screening of atrial fibrillation by a smartphone using facial pulsatile photoplethysmographic signals. J Am Heart Assoc. 2018;7(8):e008585.
- Yan BP, Chan LLY, Lee VWY, Yu CM, Wong MCS, Sanderson J, Reid CM. Sustained 3-Year Benefits in Quality of Life After Percutaneous Coronary Interventions in the Elderly: A Prospective Cohort Study. Value Health. 2018;21(4):423-431
- Yan BP, Chiang FT, Ambegaonkar B, Brudi P, Horack M, Lautsch D, Vyas A, Gitt AK. Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol target achievement in patients surviving an acute coronary syndrome in Hong Kong and Taiwan - findings from the dyslipidemia international study II. Int J Cardiol.2018 Aug 15;265:1-5.
- Freedman B, Camm J, Calkins H, Healey JS, Rosenqvist M, Wang J, Albert CM, Anderson CS, Antoniou S, Benjamin EJ, Boriani G, Brachmann J, Brandes A, Chao TF, Conen D, Engdahl J, Fauchier L, Fitzmaurice DA, Friberg L, Gersh BJ, Gladstone DJ, Glotzer TV, Gwynne K, Hankey GJ, Harbison J, Hillis GS, Hills MT, Kamel H, Kirchhof P, Kowey PR, Krieger D, Lee VWY, Levin LÅ, Lip GYH, Lobban T, Lowres N, Mairesse GH, Martinez C, Neubeck L, Orchard J, Piccini JP, Poppe K, Potpara TS, Puererfellner H, Rienstra M, Sandhu RK, Schnabel RB, Siu CW, Steinhubl S, Svendsen JH, Svennberg E, Themistoclakis S, Tieleman RG, Turakhia MP, Tveit A, Uittenbogaart SB, Van Gelder IC, Verma A, Wachter R, Yan BP. Screening for Atrial Fibrillation: A Report of the AF-SCREEN International Collaboration. Circulation. 2017;135(19):1851-1867
- Yan BP, Chan CK, Li CK, To OT, Lai WH, Tse G, Poh YC, Poh MZ. Resting and Postexercise Heart Rate Detection From Fingertip and Facial Photoplethysmography Using a Smartphone Camera: A Validation Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth.2017 Mar;5(3):e33.
- Yan BP, Zhang Y, Kong APS, Luk APY, Ozaki R, Yeung R, Tong PCY, Chan WB, Tsang CC, Lau KP, Cheung Y, Wolthers T, Lyubomirsky G, So WY, Ma RCW, Chow FCC, Chan JCN, On behalf of the Hong Kong JADE Study Group. Borderline Ankle-Brachial Index is Associated with Increased Prevalence of Micro and Macrovascular Complications in Type 2 Diabetes: A Cross-sectional Analysis of 12,772 Patients from The Joint Asia Diabetes Evaluation (JADE) Program. Diab Vasc Dis Res.2015 Jul;12(5):334-341.
- Yan BP, Ajani AE, Clark DJ, Duffy SJ, Andrianopoulos N, Brennan A, Loane P, Reid CM. Recent Trends in Australian Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Practice: Insights from the Melbourne Interventional Group Registry. Med J Aust. 2011;195(3):122-127.